The term ‘dementia’ describes a set of symptoms that include loss of memory, mood changes, and problems with communication and reasoning. There are many types of dementia. The most common are Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia. Dementia is progressive, which means the symptoms will gradually get worse. The diagnosis of Dementia is always life changing.
At Flexserve we understand that with the right support, someone who has dementia may be able to continue living at home for a long time.
Although having dementia can reduce a person’s ability to live independently, there is a variety of support available to help them. If you care for someone with dementia and want to help them to continue to live at home.
As the diagnosis of Dementia relates of progressive memory impairement, our market leading dementia care package is personalized to include the client’s mental, physical, and current and historic lifestyle needs. Cohesively developing a care package that is holistic to the client and any relatives is paramount to our service. We design our support in line with the SPECAL method of managing dementia Care. This method is tried and tested by the Contented Dementia Trust, to promote well-being every day for life. http://www.contenteddementiatrust.org/what-is-the-specal-method/
We aim at providing support to our clients through our clients view of their surroundings and communicate with them in a way that will minimise their feeling of anxiety and supporting them to highlight the positive situations they encounter.
Our care service provides:
A dementia specific care plan using proven best practice techniques and our experience and feedback from various tried and tested techniques
• A highly trained Carer with dementia experience will be allocated to the client
• Our skilled Care Delivery Managers, specialising in dementia care will work with multidisciplinary teams to support the care delivered to each client
• Working with community dementia care teams is paramount to achieve a comprehensive care support for our clients
• Your Care Plan, will focus on your health and wellbeing to link your past experiences into your daily life to achieve a comprehensive support for you and your relatives (where applicable)
• Guidance and support to your family to help them understand your condition and signpost them to the relevant support groups and methods of supporting you as a client
If you would like to learn more about our dementia service, please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form or call us on 0203 551 8750.